Nasopharyngeal cancer is the most common tumor in nasopharynx. Experts from Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou remind people to pay attention to nasopharyngeal cancer prevention and introduce some prevention methods.
1. Pay attention to the climate change. Keep your nose, pharynx and larynx healthy, prevent cold and infection.
2. Try to avoid air pollution because nasopharynx is the path that air reaches the lung. Harmful gases hurt the nasopharynx first before getting into the lung. Therefore, try to avoid harmful gases like kerosene lamps gases, insecticide spraying, etc. What’s more, remember to quit smoking and drinking.
3. Pay attention to healthy diet. It is recommended to eat more fresh vegetables and fruits that contain rich vitamins, and to avoid processed foods like salted fish, bacon
4. Nasopharyngeal diseases should be treated early and actively, so as to remove the potential risk. Once has symptoms like nasal bleeding, nasal discharge with blood, unknown reason enlargement of lymph nodes, middle ear effusion, etc, one should go to hospital immediately and take some examinations.
5. Nasopharyngeal cancer patients may suffer from symptoms like bleeding nasal discharge, tinnitus, deafness, headache (especially persistent migraine), enlargements of lymph nodes, facial paralysis, diplopia, etc. Once symptoms mentioned above appeared, one should pay attention to the prevention of nasopharyngeal cancer and go to the hospital as quickly as possible.