Prostate cancer is a malignant tumor develops in prostate tissues. Specialist from Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou figured out that, once a patient is diagnosed with prostate cancer shall never be nervous or panic, but go to a regular hospital for treatments.
Traditional Prostate Cancer Treatments
1. Surgery currently is the most common treatment to prostate cancer. Through opening surgery can radically remove a part of or the whole prostate affected to prevent metastases from occurring.
2. Radiotherapy includes external radiation and interstitial radiation. Interstitial radiation is usually combined with prostatectomy or pelvic lymphadenectomy. General radiation in certain degree can relieve the local pain arising from bone metastases and control the development of lesions.
3.Chemotherapy is a systematic treatment of prostate cancer with chemicals, which can effectively control the spread and metastases of cancer cells.
4. TCM (Traditional Chinese medicine) on one hand can efficiently kill and depress on cancer cells to relieve patient condition, on the other hand regulates the physical condition of patient to improve clinical symptoms and enhance immunity to generally acquire better treatment effect.
Cryotherapy is generally known as an "extreme cold + extreme heat" cancer treatment, it actually is an important ablation technique. The temperature of frozen tumor tissue could reach 120℃~ 165℃ below zero in a dozen of seconds and turn into ice ball when the argon gas is quickly released trough needle point. The tumor tissue inside ice ball is trapped in a "starving and extremely cold" condition -- no blood or oxygen supplies could be maintained in the ultra-low temperature of 165℃ below zero-- and results in coagulation necrosis. The temperature, in contrast, could reach 20℃~40℃ when Helium is rapidly released through needle point. Then the frozen ice ball is defrosted and blasted, thus tumor tissue is destroyed.
Advantages of Cryotherapy in Treating Prostate Cancer
2. Operation, radiotherapy and chemotherapy bring great damage to human body. Actually, cryotherapy is a kind of physical therapy; it kills cancer cells without hurting normal tissues. Therefore, compared with chemotherapy and radiotherapy, cryotherapy is of few toxic side effects.
3. The whole process is performed under the guidance of image monitor, so the temperature, time, size and shape of the ice ball can be set and controlled accurately.
4. Cryotherapy destroys tumor tissues thoroughly with extreme low temperature. It not only relieves cancer patient’s pain, but also prolongs their survival time.
5. The remaining dead tumor tissues actually can regulate and control the tumor antigen, and activate the anticancer immunity to remove the residual cancer cells and necrotic cells.
6. Cryotherapy not only is effective in treating tumor of small size or big size (whose diameter is over 5cm), but also can remove the residual tumor tissues after operation. Thus, it is suitable for old and weak cancer patients to take it.
7. Cryotherapy adopts local anesthesia, so there is no limitation and risk of general anesthesia.
8. Cryotherapy can be performed repeatedly to improve and strong the efficacy without hurting normal tissues.
Specialist from Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou figured out that, in order to gain the best treatment effect, treatments for prostate cancer should not simply focus on local treatment or tend to only one treatment, but shall combine multi-disciplinary treatments like surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, TCM, minimally invasive therapy and so on together according to a patient condition.